Sales Associate (Part-Time)
The (Part-Time) Sales Associate will be responsible for product knowledge, the sale of products, customer experience and maintaining a clean and organized work environment. This role will assist customers with their purchases, recommend suitable products, address customer concerns and ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked, cleaned and organized. The Sales Associate will be reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Associate is also responsible for following the dispensary’s standard operating procedures and staying within compliance in regards to the legal and regulatory requirements established by the state of Massachusetts.
- Provide customers with a positive experience in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Maintain working knowledge of cannabis products and pricing.
- Recommend appropriate cannabis-related products based on company training, consumer education and customer needs.
- Dispense cannabis products and process consumer orders accurately and efficiently.
- Verify proper identification and customer information prior to sales.
- Accurately process transactions and order workflow operations within the POS system.
- Follow company protocols in regards to opening and closing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a retail/hospitality and customer service
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and engagement
- Professional, positive demeanor with customers and fellow staff members
- Ability to adapt to new rules, regulations, products, systems and team members at any given time
- Well-versed on cannabis products and various methods of consumption
- Experience with POS systems and processing cash transactions
- Flexibility with hours/availability; willing to cover shifts as needed
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Skilled with Microsoft Office or similar productivity software suites, as well as industry-related software
- Must be able to use store equipment appropriately and safely
- Proficiency with computer systems and ability to master new software
- Knowledge of state rules and the ability to keep the establishment compliant
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a current Marijuana Establishment Agent Registration Card
- Must comply with the CCC’s and company’s regulations for working in the industry
- College degree preferred
- Cannabis retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of inventory control systems, especially in the cannabis industry, preferred.
- Long periods of prolonged standing, sitting and use of hands
- Long periods of prolonged use of office equipment, including computers and phones
- Ability to observe and assess material that deviates from established company standards
- Some crouching, stooping, balancing, or holding uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time; repetitive motions
- Requires bending and lifting 25+ pounds for distances of up to 100 feet
- Ability to work in store and office with fluorescent and other lighting exposure.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Rebelle provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, sex, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In addition to federal law requirements, Rebelle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rebelle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, sex, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability status, or veteran status.